Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to learn to crochet

Posted by hulaskirt (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 30, 08 at 18:21

Can anyone recommend a good book with lots of pictures to learn to crochet?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to learn to crochet

I just posted a thread on little vides that show the stitches. It will come in handy if you want to learn the stitches.

o

I learned using the booklet Learn to Crochet in Just One Day. I just saw it on Amazon, but it was the left hand version. Cannot remember where I got mine, maybe Michaels. Anyway, it helps you with each stitch, helps you make practice swatches.

That said, I really rely on the online videos of the stitches for both knitting and crocheting. They are very helpful. So I think it's good to have a book to guide you and the online sources too.

o

I learned how to crochet by watching videos on the internet. All I did is a google search on learning how to crochet and videos or something like that. Fool around with different things to type into the search box. Like crochet and learning.. Stuff like that. You will be surprised at how many hits you get.
There is also a website called. theknitwitch.com She has great how to videos.
Good Luck
Sharon

o

Do you have a local yarn shop or a Micheal's craft store near you? Both, here, run classes. Or maybe a nursing home or senior center that would have someone older that is confined do to mobility problems, but can still crochet and would love to have someone to teach and become a new friend? There might be restrictions at the nursing homes, but it couldn't hurt to call there (ask for the activities director) or call a local senior center. One of our libraries has someone that teaches knit and crochet at the library, she has brochures available at the library, check there.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here