Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tunisian crochet/crohook

Posted by bjames (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 27, 08 at 16:54

I just discovered Tunisian crochet, but have seen no information about Tunisian crochet using circular needles. Is this possible and does anyone know of instructions, or of a link to instructions? I ask the same of double ended crochet hooks. Any tutorials about it available? I know that with Tunisian crochet, you work a forward pass, and then a reverse pass, never turning your work. With the double ended hook, you do a row, and then slide the stitches to the opposite end of the hook, and continue. But, I have not seen the results of each to be able to compare. So, what are the differences and what appearances result from each type? How do you choose which technique to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tunisian crochet/crohook

http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html
this is a website that shows how to do the tunisian crochet stitch. I think it is very similiar to the afghan stitch. If you go to google and type in tunisian crochet, you will find many tutorials, and explanations of this crochet stitch. The tunisian crochet stitch looks more woven than a crochet stitch, and the right side is always facing you!!interesting :)
Good Luck with your projects..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here