Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
searching for afghan pattern

Posted by gakernil (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 12:20

a number of years ago, a friend started a crochet afghan and lost the pattern and now wants to finish this afghan for an 86 year old relative.
from what she has told me, it was a white afghan, 3 panels but crocheted in one piece vertically. first panel she has done, the second we improvised and now back to the first panel being the same as the first one. the thing that impressed her about this afghan was the very long fringe it had on the ends, making it quite becoming.....the hard part is to duplicate the first panel. i am left handed and she is right so it is alittle difficult for me to help her.
think it came from a hard cover pattern book of afghans printed awhile back. anyone that thinks this sounds familiar, sure would appreciate the help for her to finish this project..... thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: searching for afghan pattern

It does sound vaguely familiar, but I'm afraid your description is also too vague for me to actually place it. Can you at least tell us what stitch pattern was used? I'm thinking of an off-white panel afghan done in the afghan stitch, with the center panel being different, but I seem to remember that it also had embroidery in blue done over the stitch pattern. A picture of some of the stitching would actually be the most helpful. I'd like to help.

o
RE: searching for afghan pattern

definately not an afghan stitch in the afghan, I have never seen the pattern myself, just going by what she told me of it. the panel one has rows of 2 shells with a couple of rows of single crochet in the back loops. we improvised without the pattern but she seems to remember maybe a popcorn type stitch in panel 2. have been using an I hook which seems to be matching what has already been done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here