Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New idea for knitted baby blanket

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 11, 10 at 11:42

Today I was cleaning out my linen closet. I found a baby blanket my mother in law knitted for our first baby, who is now 22. It's a lace pattern, very pretty, and still clean as new. I offered it to my DD but she wasn't interested. I want to show it off. So I thought of something. Sew a tube "hem" on it, and hang it on a drapery rod over my dining room window. I'm sure it will look beautiful, yet still let in a lot of light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New idea for knitted baby blanket

I may be mistaken, but I am assuming that your DD doesn't have a baby. I couldn't imagine having a baby and being offered a beautiful baby blanket made by my grandmother and turning it down. Good for you for repurposing the blanket. I'll bet it's lovely.

o

Our kids are getting to the stage of having babies of their own. So now I use all those blankets I had for them when the grandsons visit.

o

Jannie, that's a great idea! So much better than being hidden away in a closet.

Donna

o

Forty-seven years ago I knitted a blanket for my niece. She was the first-born of our family's children. That blanket then went to her brother. From there my sister-in-law passed it on to her sister. It was used for the sister's son and daughter; then, found it's way back to my SIL, who returned it to me when my children were born.

I was cleaning out the linen closet last winter when I discoverd the blanket, looking none the worse for wear, in a box at the back of the closet.

Shows what using a good yarn can endure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here