Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finishing Christmas gifts after Christmas

Posted by katy122 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 26, 08 at 11:34

I really did good this year, I am still working on a wrap around scarf for daughter but it is close to being finished, tomorrow should be it. How did you all do? Did you finish all that was planned or have they now become Christmas gifts for 2009?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finishing Christmas gifts after Christmas

Welllllll, I had planned to make a scarf to go with the hat I made for DS's girlfriend, and a hat for him. Her hat is finished, but the scarf and his hat didn't even get started. Her B/day is in Feb, so she will get it then. I'll do DS's hat whenever.

Tami

o

I didn't have too much to knit this year and did manage to finish everything in time--but just barely! I'm going to start working on next year's gifts early this year. I told all my kids that I am making gifts for everyone and that they need to start thinking about what they want as I'll be asking for ideas soon.

Annie

o

I finished everything, including a last minute pair of socks in the Patton stretch sock yarn (made 2 days before Christmas)! I also made a hand pieced and quilted queen sized quilt for our daughter, and a wall hanging.....several scarves, other socks and MANY dish towels - our daughter and a friend wouldn't consider it Christmas without a pile of these under their tree. I hate to be rushed at the last minute, so always start WAAAAAY ahead of the season! I'm still in 'sock mode' right now, but will probably start thinking about next year before January is out! I love to have things finished and tucked away in my closet, awaiting the next Bday or Christmas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here