Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krissie55

Crochet headbands

krissie55
12 years ago

Decided to make a crochet headband for myself, one that was comfy, no headache, not tight, stays on, etc. My preteen and teenage granddaughters fell in love with it and you know rest of the story! My 51 year old daughter loved it too! Needless to say I made several in various colors over the Christmas weekend.

This is a great way to use up small amounts of yarn. Double crochet allows for a loose stretch.

With sport yarn I used crochet hook size E, for larger yarn used crochet hook size G. Chain 7 stitches, then double crochet to length desired to fit. Can make as wide as desired, just add more stitches to the starting chain.

For the preteen and teenager 18" length was about the right size, 20" length is about right size for adults.

Since I had recent eye surgery, vision was too poor to see last stitch on the row to crochet in before turning. Decided to crochet between the last two double crochet stitches creating an elongated eyelet look along both sides of the headband.

Takes only a few minutes to make.

Thought others might enjoy making these. Amazing how something so simple can make a great big hit!

Krissie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions