Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this called? Would love to make!

Posted by lmodrell (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 31, 06 at 11:06

My daughter got a hat/scarf combination a few years ago that she has pretty much worn out. I would love to make her another one out of a fun yarn but I can't find it anywhere under what I am calling it.

It's a scarf & hat that are both one piece, they're not attached seperately. The hat looks like it's made in the round then decrease down on each side for long "tails" on each side for the scarf. I have a picture of one like it but am not sure how to post it on here so ya'll can see what I am talking about.

I am an OK knitter, a little above beginner but there's no way that I can do this on my own without a pattern....that's just too scary :)

If anyone can figure out what I am trying to say do you know what this is called so I can locate a pattern for it? I'd really appreciate any help ya'll could give me.

Thanks so much!! Tracie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this called? Would love to make!

I know what you are talking about, but I don't have a pattern for you. I bet someone finds one online for you. Fun yarns don't tend to be very warm, so if you are looking for warmth, combine the fun yarn with another yarn and knit the two strands together.

o

Thank you for that, I do want it to be warm for her so will remember to use something besides just the fun stuff!

o

This may or may not fit what you're looking for (it's a pdf file).

Here is a link that might be useful: Hat/scarf combo

o

This is kind of what I am looking for. The scarf would come down evenly on both sides. This is an already made one but if anyone knows what it may called that would be great!

Thanks for the last link, it was close but not quite exactly what I'm looking for. Ya'll are awesome, thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: It looks something like this

o

I think what you are looking for would come under several different names. Try looking for "chullo hat" or "aviator hat", or "ear flap hat". You can just make the flaps longer without decreasing to points or curves.

o
Do you crochet?

There is a pattern for a crocheted one here:

Here is a link that might be useful: hooded scarf

o
Here's a knit one

Here's one by Lion. It's a free pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: hooded scarf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here