Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the Needle Dec 2010

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 7:31

Okay results from November's list
1. Thrummed Hat for DD#1 (I finished the mittens) - ALmost finished, Frogged and restarted, 1/2 way done
2. Thrummed socks for DGD#1. I've already made a pair of thrummed mittems and hat for her. - need to start in December
3. Baby sweater for christmas for DGD#2 - DONE YEA..decided to give to her, and glad I did as she's growing fast!
3. Baby sweater for friend. --Need to put on December's list!

So here's December's plans.
1. Finish that Thrummmed Had
2. THrummed Socks
3. Baby Sweater for Friend
4. Felted SLippers for Co-worker
5. Felted Slippers for Friend's Husband.
Okay that should keep me busy through December. What will actually finish...#1, #4 and #5..MAYBE #3...#2 maybe a bust and I just not do it, not sure yet.

Anyone else?

Vickey-MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the Needle Dec 2010

"Thrummed" was a new term for me. Fascinating. Would your feet still fit into shoes when you wear a Thrummed sock, or are they just for wearing as slippers?

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: This explains thrumming

o
RE: On the Needle Dec 2010

I'm making the thrummed socks for my granddaughter to wear with her boots, so I think they woould not fit into shoes, and be best for slippers or boots. SHe's 8 so boots are a little too big, plus she goes ice fishing, so this should keep her feet warm.

Here's how I'm doing for December:
Finish that Thrummmed Hat (After a time out..the yarn was bad!) the hat is finally done!
2. THrummed Socks - currently working on
3. Baby Sweater for Friend - not started, will wait for January as I don't need until February
4. Felted SLippers for Co-worker - Knit but need to felt
5. Felted Slippers for Friend's Husband. -- knit but need to felt.

Not bad really. Now to come up with my January goals!

Vickey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here