Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bobble and Cable hat

Posted by judys (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 20, 06 at 4:31

Years ago (35-40 years ago)I made a hat for my brother with bobbles and cables. While cleaning out my Mom's house after her passing, I found the hat and my daughter took it over. I'd like to remake the hat for my brother...I've done google searches but haven't found the right hat. Any suggestions? Thanks, from a returning newbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bobble and Cable hat

It would be so much easier to help you find the pattern you're looking for if we could see a picture of the hat. Any chance you can get a photo for us?

o

My daughter is home for Christmas, I'll try to pry it from her to take a picture.....Thanks

o

Here is a picture of the hat, it doesn't have to be exact..just something similar would be great. Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: Bobble and Cable Hat

o

Bunch of free patterns at this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hats-free patterns

o

What an attractive hat, and the fisherman's knit looks so warm too.

o

Thank you all for your help, I've gone through about half of the hats on the list and haven't found it yet, I'll keep looking though. Thanks again, Judys

o

This one is cabled. Doesn't seem it would be to hard to add bobbles where you want them.

Here is a link that might be useful: cable hat

o

This one is mighty close!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hermione's cable-and-bobble hat

o

Thank you all so much for the search. I think if I leave out every other cable on the "cable" hat pattern from yarnlover, and add the bobbles in those spaces it'll be very close.
Thanks again, Judys

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here