Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocheters Needed! Please Help

Posted by amber_green (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 07 at 4:19

Hello everyone,

How is everybody? My names Amber, Im from Sydney Australia. I love all sorts of crafts, but I love crochet the most. I used to write craft articles for interweave as well as a few other magazines. I've recently decided to stop writing for other people and write something for myself.

So Ive started throwing around ideas about what would be the best crochet stuff to write about? And thats when I found out. There are 200,000 individual books published each year in America alone but only 50-60 ever become best sellers. I read once that the reason most books dont make it is because "they are written by writers, not written for readers".

I want to allow as many people to contribute to my book as possible, so I can find out exactly what people who crochet want to read about. I want to make this a book written for the crocheters out there.

I've put up a survey at www.AskACrochetMaster.com if you feel that you can contribute then please go there and fill out my survey. Your help will be much appreciated.

I called my site Ask A Crochet Master not because I think Im some sort of crochet grandmaster and you can ask me questions, but because Im the one asking you the questions and I believe I can learn from you. :)

If you do my survey Im giving away 5 guides to learning crochet. The guides are amazing for people who want to learn how to crochet quickly and easily. If you already know how to crochet the guide wont help you that much, however Ive found its a great gift to give or teach to your friends or family if they want to learn how to crochet. So why not share

Please tell me what you think and give me your feed back.

Thank you so much for reading this.
I really look forward to getting to know you all.
www.AskACrochetMaster.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocheters Needed! Please Help

Note - books are downloads.

o
RE: Crocheters Needed! Please Help

Harry Potter stuff would be amazing!! There's a book called "Charmed Knits" and it's only knitting for Harry Potter! I think it would be amazing to have one for the crocheters of the Harry potter World! Tell me what you think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here