Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

White Round Ripple

donna_loomis
18 years ago

I just finished this round ripple for a mother-to-be at church.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1583991}}

Comments (12)

• lawmar
    18 years ago

Donna, that is very very pretty!

• itsmesuzq
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh!! What an beautiful beautiful piece! Donna you are so talented....

Thanks for sharing,
    ~Susan

• sheilajoyce_gw
    18 years ago

What a gorgeous pattern. What is its name and publisher, and is it still in print, if I may ask? This year I am going to be making lots of baby things as the kids' friends are into first babies. And if good fortune shines on DD and DSIL, I will be making lots of items for our first grandbaby--but I am not starting on anything for this one till the announcement. I do not want to jinx anything!!!!

• lime_coke
    18 years ago

That is so pretty. The afghan looks like the one that was discussed in the Pretty Pastels thread. I love the edging you added to the pattern. Did you have a pattern forthe edging? Good job on the entire set.

• foggyj
    18 years ago

Wow that's beautiful! What good work you do.

• crochetmama
    18 years ago

Your afghan is gorgeous. Would you share the site or pattern? I'd love to make one for my neice. TIA

• lime_coke
    18 years ago

I learned about the following site from the Peaceful Pastels thread on this topic.

I got a free pattern similar to this one from Angel Crafts. You have to sign-up for access to the site patterns but there is no cost.

http://groups.msn.com/AngelcraftsCharityCrochet

You can see the "Peaceful Pastels" afghan by Mary Maxim at
    http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp

The following info is to make the afghan from Angel Crafts look more like the one from Mary Maxim.

The PP afghan is made with 2 strands of Bernat Baby Coordinates (sport) yarn and using a crochet hook size K-10 1/2 US (Canadian size 2, Metric size 7mm). The yarn requirements to make an afghan 50" diameter (total of 27 rows beginning with 3 rows of white then 2 rows of each yarn combination) are
    White 50 yards
    Yellow 1 skein
    Peach 1 skein
    Pink 1 skein
    Purple 1 skein
    Blue 2 skeins
    Green 1 skein
    Round 7 uses a "small shell". Rounds 8 and 9 use "large shells". This is done to keep the afghan flat and keep the yarn requirements.
    I don't know what pattern the White afghan was made with. I like the soft pastels of the Peaceful Pastels afghan but I think the all white afghan is so beautiful and elegant. I don't know how she made the edging on the white afghan but it is much more interesting than the edging on the others.

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's pretty much the same pattern. I really had no plan with the edging, kind of winged it as I went. I frogged it a couple of times before I was satisfied. First I did a row of V-stitch (*dc, ch1, dc in next sc, sk 2 sc, repeat from *), making a sort of cluster in the valleys to pull it together and making 2 V-stitches with a ch 2 between them at the peaks. Then another row of V-stitch. The next row is a row of shells (3tr, ch2, 3tr in V-stitch, sc in next V-stitch, repeat around). Then the final row is 9tr in shell, sc in next shell, repeat around. You'll have to play with this, occasionally skipping a stitch on your last row of sc, to make it fit.

• crochetmama
    18 years ago

Hi Donna, I just finished the other afghan in that pattern book. It really turned out great. Thanks for your help. Wish I knew how to post a picture. Jill

• profsusan
    18 years ago

Donna - love the look of the all-white afghan especially the edging. Perhaps I'll try one in the future. Working on another of the pastels to use up the inner colors and will need to buy more lavender, blue & green. Found another link that was a bit different so I bought the Red Heart soft baby in New Mint Twinkle - hope to start on that one next.

For everyone else - here's the link Donna gave me, and two that I found in my search before and after

Donna's = Round Ripple Baby Afghan Pattern

Baby's Round Ripple Afghan

and the newest: Around the Rosy Baby Blanket

• Eliza_ann_ca
    18 years ago

That is so pretty Donna!
    Looks like a lot of work went into that project.Did it take you long to complete it?

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It WAS a bit time consuming. I used baby yarn and it is nearly 5 feet across. I can't tell you exactly how long it took, as it got packed away half done during a move and rediscovered last year. But I worked for months on it. I don't get as much time to knit and crochet as I would like.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH
More Discussions