Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a crochet santa cap

Posted by acraftylady (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 23:14

Does anyone know of a crochet Santa cap for an 8 month old or maybe a little older, his head is a little large for his age in my opinion.

I am not good with adjusting patterns so need it all written out. Would just like a simple cone shape pattern with WW maybe going around and around no joining until it's the circumferecne I need. Then I would just like to put a few rows of fun fur on the brim, maybe in SC. I am not capable of making this up myself but know what I would like to do and if I had instructions I could follow. Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a crochet santa cap

Mary, check out www.freepatterns.com

They have lots of free patterns and it is free to join, just have to register. I think I remember seeing one there a few years ago, when I was looking for a pattern for my grandson, but I was looking for a knit pattern.

Tami

o

Thanks I do belong to that site but there was nothing. I found something that was easy enough for me to make bigger to fit his head. My problem always is I am horrible at knowing where to add more stitches to adjust a pattern and I need it spelled all out for me. Mary

o

Here is a Santa hat pattern

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa hat pattern

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here