Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clare1501

Christmas Knitting

clare1501
17 years ago

Anyone making Christmas ornaments/ gifts? I've done some tiny stockings about 3 inches high, plus little round photo frames, to hang on the tree. Haven't made many gifts this year, but working on baby outfits.

Clare

Comments (16)

• lawmar
    17 years ago

I am. I've made 3 scarves, 3 hats, 3 pairs of socks and several pairs of slippers. I've also made some dishcloths as quick gifts. I'm pretty much done with my Christmas knitting for this year. I've decided after Christmas that I would work on expanding my skills past the scarves and slippers, and maybe try to make each one of my neices a sweater for next year. I have been wanting to try intarsia too, so hopefully I will get with it and get it done.

• tami_ohio
    17 years ago

I have crocheted a couple of angels for my tree. I always have socks going, have half of one to finish for ME! I seldom get what I knit! Unless I do a few dishcloths for gift tops, that will be the extent of my Christmas knitting/crocheting.

Tami

• sheilajoyce_gw
    17 years ago

I am still knitting and crocheting baby things for our January baby. Now I am edging flannel wash cloths and burp cloths made from scraps of receiving blankets I still have to edge. Also want to make some brown booties as brown is such a big color for boys these days. Then I need to get some other baby items made for a friend and a scarf maybe for my son.

I am going to make a muffler with all the school colors of all the schools he has attended in the order of attendance--pre school, elementary school, 2 middle schools, high school, 2 colleges, law school. I think I will probably do a neutral color in between each school and not repeat any of the schools stripes. I will crochet it lengthwise, which he likes.

• jenlar
    17 years ago

I've made a bunch of regular scarves, a baby blanket, a hooded baby scarf, a pair of gauntlets, and I'm working on a dog sweater.

Anybody got a link to pictures of what they've made?

• ironkit
    17 years ago

I'm mostly done with my Christmas knitting. Hats (4 - 3 done (2 in gallery) 1 in the works), 1 pair of socks (thinking about it...) and a bag (need to line it).

After this, I'm only knitting on my deadlines...!

~ Kit

• clare1501
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Tami/ Sheila - good to see you again! What new baby Sheila? We had our first grandbaby in March. A little girl :) Goes so fast- she is crawling now.
    The scarf is a great idea for a gift.
    Jenlar - I have a website with some my creations on now.

Has anyone seen a pattern for little knitted bells?
    Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: my knitting site.

• tami_ohio
    17 years ago

Hi Clare! I just saw a pattern book for knitted bells that I almost ordered, but didn't. I think it was in my email from Annie's Attic, but I'm not sure. You might check their web site.

Tami

• tami_ohio
    17 years ago

Clare, is this what you are looking for? See my link.

Tami

Here is a link that might be useful: bell ornament

• tami_ohio
    17 years ago

Or look here. I googled free patterns for knit bells and came up with both links.

Tami

Here is a link that might be useful: More bells

• clare1501
    Original Author
    17 years ago

YESSS!!! Thank you Tami. The first two are just what I am looking for. I never even thought to google ! Thanks for finding them for me.
    Clare

• clare1501
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have made 4 Tami. I prefer the bigger ones, pattern 1. Although they are more yarn and a little more time they are a much better shape. They are really cute.
    I shall be giving them out to the members of my craft club.
    Thank you!

• tami_ohio
    17 years ago

Clare, I hadn't printed that pattern! I just went back and looked at it and printed it. I like the idea at the bottom about making earrings using size 0 needles and crochet thread!

Tami

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    17 years ago

Hi, Clare, it's your garden buddy Robin in Lewisville. Congrats on the new baby! I am crocheting scrunchies for all my ladies with long hair this year. I will post the pattern link below. One is prettier than the next! I plan to do some with beads soon. I crocheted a simple baby blanket in 5 hours using chunky yarn recently on a drive to and from Myrtle Beach. I am also crocheting oval doilies using acrylic worsted for people with cats, using their cat colors. They are great for keeping the cat hair under control, and look pretty.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• clare1501
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Robin. You got deleted from my address book so can you email me so i can put you back in? Thanks.
    Those are some pretty scrunchies. I don't crochet too well. I was wondering how they would elasticate and then see they are done round a hairband? Very clever.
    Clare

• sheilajoyce_gw
    17 years ago

Clare, we are expecting a grandson in the next month. So I have been knitting and crocheting like mad. Just made some high top tennis shoe booties. I have made numerous blankets, sweaters, hats and booties and edged flannel receiving blankets, burp cloths and wash cloths. My DD has run out of storage space with all the afghans I made the baby!

• lawmar
    17 years ago

Sheila, I just think those little high top tennis shoe booties are so cute. I've seen the crochet pattern for them in Herrschener's. But, do you know if there is a knit pattern for these? I've been looking all over for one, but can't find it. Congrats on the new grandson!