Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know Annette from Lafayette

Posted by firefightersmom (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 18, 08 at 18:05

I am looking for a dear friend that I met one the net. She is a big time knitter. So I was hoping that might have been where we met. I honestly can't remember. She was kind enough to send me a pattern. We became friends emailing back and forth across country.

Recently I have not heard from her. I am worried about her due to her health. I am hoping maybe she has been on here..and someone knows her. Her husband Jack plays Santa for St Judes if that helps.

Thank you in advance for ANY help. If you know a site she might have been...you could email so I could keep looking.

I had my computer crash and lost phone number for her.

FFM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know Annette from Lafayette

There are many Lafayettes throughout the country. I work in Lafayette, California. I don't know her, but if she lives in Lafayette, CA, you could email me her last name, and possibly her address or street, and I might just be able to locate her for you.

o

In this country Lafayette was a much beloved person from our national history, and I'd venture to say, there is a Lafayette in EVERY state, and most counties in each state....that means thousands of them....it is an incredibly common name here in the states.
If you know her full name...given and surname...and, even better, the name of her husband, then you can take that information and go to any one of the internet white pages, fill in her name, Lafayette, without the name of the state, and see what comes up.....ditto for Jack.....maybe you'll recognize something, like the telephone #. Start here, but there are others;
http://www.whitepages.com/person
Don't forget to try other possibilities....Jack is a Nickname for John, so try that, too...also, just an initial J. for given name.
Good luck.

o

I found her :) Thank you for the replies. After many hours on the net, I was able to locate her. We had a wonderful talk. For some reason I was not getting her emails.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here