Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks, Donna, blanket stitch works.

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 26, 06 at 17:19

Donna, thanks for the suggestion for getting that first row of crochet thread edging attached to a flannel receiving blanket by using a blanket stitch. It works with a very sharp "yarn" (not) needle I bought at WalMart. The stitch starts an edge in crochet cotton that I can crochet onto and make a decorative edge. With the scraps of flannel left over from making the receiving blankets, I made 2 double sided burp cloths and two baby wash cloths. (I had forgotten about making flannel baby wash cloths like my sister did for my babies until I had some perfect sized scraps.) I was even able to use up some short amounts of left over colored crochet thread I had saved for forever. So now I am getting ready to leave town this week to attend a conference, where I will sit all day at meetings. The blanket edgings will be the projects that will help me sit still for so many hours on end and then keep me busy in my hotel room after dinner. Thanks for your great suggestion of a few months ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks, Donna, blanket stitch works.

Glad to be of help. We do, of course, expect to see pictures when you're done. Hope you don't get too bored at the conference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here