Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for childrens santa slippers pattern

Posted by mssherrymeezer (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 7, 08 at 15:10

I used to have a great pattern for childrens knit santa slippers that I ordered from the NY Times or NY Post around 1972 -1977. Have been searching for years & could never find anywhere. Can't remember the name or # that was on the pattern but it's not the pattern titled Christmas Presents. It had a nice Santa face on the front of the slipper set amid a blue background with little stars that looked like they were twinkling in the sky above Santa's face.

Anyone have this or a nice child's santa slipper pattern in knit or crochet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for childrens santa slippers pattern

Hi if you find or get this pattern, would you mind sharing with me. my email address is bonnies_circ@dailynews.net
Thanks in advance. Bonnie

o

Bonniebee, I've about given up hope of ever finding that pattern. I lost it during a move in 1978 & have been trying to replace it ever since 78. I've been searching ebay, vintage pattern sitess & pattern shops ever since the internet came about & have been unable to find one.

I originally purchased the pattern from one of the NY Sunday newspapers & made it for my son when he was a toddler so the year I bought it would have been sometime around 1973 to 1975. I goofed up the years in my original post.

I'm tired of searching for it every year so this board is my last hope of ever finding it again. I have a granddaughter who will be 2 in Dec. & I would really like to make the slippers for her. If somehow I get lucky & someone on this board has one I will share but after all the years of searching with no luck I don't think I'll ever be able to get that pattern again.

o

Would the NYC library have a copy in their stacks or even in their film?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here