Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your favorite stitch pattern

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 14:07

I thought it would be fun if we post one or two favorite stitch patterns or links to those patterns. Patterns that you think are very attractive and:
- Not very common (like 1x1, 2x2 ribbing)
- Don't require 30 years of advanced knitting skills.☺
- Can be an overall pattern, or a cast-on/bind-off technique that you think is very attractive for a particular use.
- When applicable, state your source if it comes from a web site or book; give credit where credit is due.
- Unless you can copy/paste from a reliable source, it might be best to select a pattern with a short description. Whatever you do, triple-check your typing for accuracy!!!

I'll go first. Both are from "The Art of the Scarf" posted at KnitPicks.com. They are the Cartridge Belt Rib and Mock Ribbing.

If you can't find "The Art of the Scarf" at KnitPicks.com, then go to the Cartridge Belt Rib Scarf at KnitPicks.com and scroll down to the "Download free pattern" button.

-------------------------

Mock Ribbing
Odd number of sts.
Nice on reverse side.
NOTE: I used the 1x1 rib cast-on and standard tubular bind-off, making both ends very similar.

Row 1 (WS): K1, *P1, K1; rep from *.
Row 2: P1, *sl 1 wyif, P1; rep from *.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2.

Cartridge Belt Rib
Multiple of 4 + 3
Reversible

Row 1: K3, * sl 1 wyif, K3; rep from *
Row 2: K1, * sl 1 wyif, K3; rep from * to last 2 st; sl 1, K1.
Repeat these 2 rows.

Next?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your favorite stitch pattern

I love just plain old cables. And I also like a popcorn stitch. Both very common.

o

I love Brioche and Fag(g)ot stitch.

o

My all time favorite is the moss stitch....I use it almost exclusively, instead of stockinett.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here