Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Felting in a front loader

Posted by ilanaeid_md (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 13:57

I am/was very excited to spend my child's college fund on a new front loading washing machine. Now I realize that it has no aggitator, so I'm wondering if anyone has successfully felted in this type of machine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Felting in a front loader

Can't do it... as far as I can tell. And I've TRIED. Oh, how I've tried.

It's either laundry mat or the bathtub for me :(

~ Kit

o

Barrow a friend or family member's washer to felt if you have a front loader. There are 2 cousins in my Thurs. knitting group. One has a front load, the other a top load. They share! If J needs to felt, she goes to visit D. They do a lot together, and have great fun.

Or.....Keep the top loader for just felting if it's possible with the way your laundry area is set up.

Tami

o

My front loader felts my purses. I just add a couple of pairs of jeans.

Lulu

o

I just felted my first project (slippers with Merino yarn from knitpicks) in my front loader. I added some empty plastic pill bottles to the bag; used hot/cold water and a regular load of clothes. They felted up beautifully. Give it a try. Ellie

o

I felt all the time in my front loading machine. I created a page of tips for felting with a front loading machine. Use the link below to take a look at it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Felting with a Front Loading Machine

o

Wahoo! Finally found my password/id info so I can post. Thanks for all the tips. I really appreciate the responses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here