Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

baby gift needlework

sheilajoyce_gw
17 years ago

Well, everyone, I brought the large suitcase full of afghans, sweaters, hats and booties to DDs shower a week ago. It was a whirlwind weekend and shower, but the girls all loved the things. Maybe DD will take pictures and try to post them here for me.

Right now I am finishing up a Christmas lap afghan I am making for the Assistance League's fundraiser at our December meeting. Members are asked to get together and make up baskets of at least $50 in value for a silent auction at the meeting. My friend has a custom stationery and invitation business, so she is putting together Christmas cards and stationery and thank you notes, and I am making the afghan. Should be a fun meeting. All the proceeds go toward purchasing new clothing for needy elementary students in our communities and children from our local Marine base.

Now, Donna, I am also trying your idea of how to crochet that first row of an edging on receiving blankets more easily by using a blanket stitch as the base row. I just cannot seem to pierce the flannel with a crochet hook all around for the first row, so this is Donna's solution to the problem. I turned flannel scraps into two washcloths and two burp cloths, so I can practice my technique on them. Then I will do the blankets, which are just two large squares of flannel. One blanket has cute little yellow duckies swimming in blue background water with lime green, yellow, and white bubbles here and there. I backed it with a finely striped lime green and white flannel. I will edge it in yellow crochet cotton. The other blanket has a white background with medium blue toile print on one side and it's backed with a square of a white flannel background and yellow stars. I will use up some of my white crochet cotton on this one. This baby is due in January, and his nursery is yellow and white with accents of a light lime and blue.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions