Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Issue of Workbasket Magazine

Posted by Barb303 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 13:29

Greetings from Iowa!
After my mother died, Dad asked me to go through her old craft supplies and see if there was anything I wanted to keep. Iccame across a two piece Barbie doll pattern that I wanted to crochet. It was in the September 1985 issue of Workbasket magazine. I started the project and must have left the magazine there because I cannot find it. Dad swears he did not throw it out, but it was so old and tattered he may not have realized what it was. I would like to complete the project and wondered if anyone has the magazine or could send me the pattern. I believe it was on page 20 of the September 1985 issue.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Issue of Workbasket Magazine

I found these copies for sale on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Workbasket-Home-Arts-Magazine-September/dp/B000LCXN2Y

There where several other offers for the same issue along with several others available.

I just did a google search for September 1985 issue of Workbasket magazine

Fran

o

You might also find it on etsy or e-bay. I get a lot of out of print magazines those places. Mary

o

Are you still looking for that issue?

I have several years of Workbasket magazines - but I think they were earlier than 1985.
In any case, I will not be able to look for them until after Christmas.
In fact, if they are at the cottage, it might not be until Spring I can get to them - due to snow.

(I was given the magazines to sell on e-bay, and have never gotten around to doing it.)

o

I used to subscribe to Workbasket, late 70's, early 80's because they carried tatting instructions. I didn't save the mags-wish I had.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here