Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a pattern

Posted by jenni_ca (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 17, 08 at 13:26

I would like to find the pattern for this baby hat.
I could probably sit down and figure it out but it would be easier to have the pattern.
Anyone know where I might find it or even what its called.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a pattern

Looks as tho it could be easily copied, I don't have any baby patterns to speak of, but surely someone has a similar hat, and the shells can be added?
Shaddy

o

hi everyone! i would be sooooooo grateful if someone could send me any of the Alan Darts Alice in Wonderland range. I know they were in some previous issues of Woman's Weekly but have had no luck enquiring about purchasing back issues!please help! have none to swap as yet but would appreciate your help salinas71gq@yahoo.com

o

Jenni,

Oddly enough, I'm wearing a sweater today that looks like the cap part of the bonnet. It's a simple rib stitch - knit one, purl one all across the row, then the reverse would be purl one, knit one all across the row.

The scallop looks like it could be done last -- by picking up stitches along the edge.

The Lion Brand Yarn web site has a lot of "trims," both knit and crochet, and they have one in each of several of their newsletters. Here's one called Knit Umbrella Flounce that I know isn't the one in your photo above, but it is scalloped (pretend it's PINK!)...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The instructions for that trim can be found using the link, below

Here is a link that might be useful: Umbrella Flounce Trim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here