Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pix of a shrug ;

Posted by damascusannie (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 12:23

I've been working on this shrug since last spring and finished it last night, just in time for my daughter's birthday today. She chose the yarn (Encore worsted weight) and the openwork pattern and I just winged the design of it. She seems happy with it.

shrug

Shrug 2

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pix of a shrug ;

Very pretty! You are a talented designer. She looks happy with her birthday gift.

o

What a pretty daughter! Nice job onthe shrug too.

o

Looks beautiful as is your daughter!!

o

You do beautiful work thanks for sharing and happy birthday to your lovely daughter

o

That's nice! I love the lace pattern. And what a lovely girl!

o

Beautiful daughter and shrug. TFS

o

Thanks everyone! We have six daughters--all just beautiful! I'm hoping to have time to knit similar shrugs for two of them for Christmas.

Annie

o

Beautiful daughter and great job!

o

My gosh, 6 daughters...any sons, or is it a female household, except for Dad? He must feel the 'odd man' out. I'm an only child, but my grandmother lived with us, when I was growing up, and my Dad use to say, "Ye Gods, even the dog is female"! I think he'd have liked another male presence, even if it were of the canine variety!
The shrug is lovely...I made several a few years ago, but simpler than your pretty one....I think I used a double moss stitch.....more of the utilitarian variety - I wear mine in bed, sitting up reading before I go to sleep, and our daughter does the same.

o

We have one son, the last in the bunch. My husband likes to say "Be careful what you pray for. I prayed to be surrounded by beautiful women, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind!" He's a great dad and has never resented having all those girls. For his sake, I'm glad that our son is interested in hunting and fishing and all the other stuff that Jeff likes to do, but we have one daughter that's an outdoors-woman, so the three of them go hunting and whatnot together. Katie's studying to be a conservation officer and hopes to get a job in one of the Rocky Mountain states. She and the guys went hunting out there this year and she loved the mountains.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here