Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
damascusannie

Treated myself to new needles

damascusannie
15 years ago

I found these on the 'net and I've ordered the interchangeables and a set of the 6" DPNs for socks. Also ordered 10 balls of the Essentials sock yarn. For a knitter--this is better than a spa treatment!

Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Harmony needles

Comments (11)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Congratulations! I am leaving hints for Christmas for myself.

• socks
    15 years ago

How nice. It's a beautiful set, and the organizing cases are helpful to keep from losing things or damaging the parts. You are going to love this set. No more special trips to Michaels or the knit shop to get the needle size you need!

• damascusannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Michaels? The knit shop? I wish!
    I live in a fairly remote area. It's 30 miles to the nearest yarn shop, 60 to a Michaels. My very favorite shop is in the little town where my parents live (100 miles away), but lately we've been traveling up there after business hours, so I haven't been able to stop. Sort of glad, because it made it easy to convince myself to shop on-line instead and I think these are just beautiful.

If I like the interchangeables, I'll be ordering the extra, longer cables for them, plus get some of the 16 inchers to add to my short circulars. I knit so many hats, plus I like a 16" for the sleeves on a sweater, so I'm working on getting a complete set of these from size 3-9. I don't usually knit on needles larger than a 9.

• jannie
    15 years ago

Very nice. Years ago I bought myself a set of Boye interchangeable needles. I looked at them last night,they are very helpful. I also bought a set of teak wood needles on Ebay. I love them-they feel so good!

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Annie, I treated myself too last Thursday to a pair of size 3 16" circs. I am patiently waiting for the mailman that hasn't run yet! I am hoping they will arrive today. I have a pair of socks waiting for them :).

Rebecca

• damascusannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My new needles are here! My oh my! They are even prettier than I'd hoped and the connections betweent the needles and the cables are sooooo nice! I knitted up a little test swatch and I can tell that I'm going to really like these. Much less bulky than the Denise interchangeables that I used to have. The set of sock DPNs is great, too. Nice length at 6" and I like the double sets of 1 and 2, since I use those sizes the most often and am most likely to lose a needle in these sizes.

Annie

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

Annie, my sister gifted me with that set for my birthday. I do love them. They are smoother than anything and I love the wood tips which don't make my hands cold.

I had given her the other set of non wood needles for Christmas last year. So she reciprocated.

If you want to buy these for whatever reason, you have to order them online as they are not carried in stores, unless Knitpic has a brick and mortar location somewhere.

• damascusannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've been knitting the second of a pair of socks that I started a couple of weeks ago on my new Harmony DPNs and they are wonderful. Not only are they very, very pretty, but the finish is so smooth without being so slick that they fall out of the sock when I set it down. I like the 6" length, too. So, I'll definitely be ordering more of these to replace my metal needles.

Annie

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

I finally received mine yesterday! They are soooo pretty and smooth. I can't wait to get the whole set.

Rebecca

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Wow, those are the most BEAUTIFUL knitting needles I've ever seen! I may have to order the DPN's as I'm teaching myself to knit socks now. Thanks for the link, might have to add some of those things to my wish list!

• damascusannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If you think they are nice in the pictures you are in for a pleasant surprise if you actually get them--they are nearly as smooth as metal needles and feel just great in your hands.

Annie

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions