Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_ferguson_gw

French market bag

sandra_ferguson
17 years ago

I've not posted on this forum before, but 'slipped' over (little knitting humor) from the quilting forum. I've knitted most of my life since being snowed in as a child with a bored grandmother, who taught me how to play canasta AND knit. I recently went to an estate sale and bought the worlds largest bags of yarn, for $4.00 each garbage bag size! I went through them and bought only those with wool yarn, but find myself now the owner of a lot of yarn whose color I'm not fond of. So, I figured I'd make some market bags....but bigger and taller than those I've seen the patterns for...I'd like something substantial that I could drag around my knitting or quilting in. I thought I'd knit it in the round, with a separate bottom that I'll sew in....to give it a flat bottom...and, one strap from side to side, so I can stick it over my shoulder.

Has anyone a pattern of this ilk, or has anyone made one similar? I've just knitted a swatch (double threads of knitted worsted on 7 1/2 needles and felted it....I could still see the stitches, so I'm felting again.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer
More Discussions