Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
very easy sweater for small dog

Posted by lyban (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 08 at 9:18

I am looking for a very very easy sweater for my little dog to knit. I do not know how to crochet.
If anyone has one I would be grateful.
jnlevesque@yahoo.ca

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: very easy sweater for small dog

Wow, you have a little dog that knits? Just kidding. Vique

o

I always make mine just as tubes....in ribbing..starting at the back end. Then, when I get to the place for the front legs, I simply create 2 holes...like button holes in a sweater (however it is you do it...bind off 6, then create 6 in the same spot on the next round, etc).... the size is determined by the circumference of the little leg...then knit on up the 'top' of the dog and make it long enough for a nice turtleneck. These are good projects for leftover yarn....I generally put in stripes of some sort.

o

Vique, you're so bad, LOL!

o

Thanks Sandra, That sounds doable even for me.
Vique, When I reread my post, I thought oh No who is going to be the first person to comment on this.LOL.

o

Sandra, One more question, does this have to be done on circular needles to get a tube or can I just sew a seam afterwards.

o

You can't knit a tube on straight needles, and I think it MUCH easier on circular..but, I suppose you could do it on straights, with the seam to go up the underside, between the leg holes...

o

Knitting Pattern Central - Pets has a number of dog sweaters - you may find something interesting if you want to take the time to check out the site

Here is a link that might be useful: Knitting Pattern Central - Pets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here