Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

On the needle in November 2010

Vickey__MN
13 years ago

Okay a take off of Tammi's...or maybe an extension.

I try (and try is a key word) to only work on one project at a time. Current plans for November

1. Thrummed Hat for DD#1 (I finished the mittens)

2. Thrummed socks for DGD#1. I've already made a pair of thrummed mittems and hat for her.

3. Baby sweater for christmas for DGD#2

3. Baby sweater for friend.

Now which will get done and which will roll into November we'll have to see.

Vickey-MN

Comments (8)

• Lindsey_CA
    13 years ago

I, too, try to work on one project at a time, but I always have several projects on needles at the same time. :-)

Earlier this year I made three scarves to be given as Christmas gifts, and I still have to make hats to go with them. I've finished another scarf but don't have enough matching yarn to make a matching hat. Currently working on two more scarves that will have matching hats. All scarves/hats are/will be made of superwash wool for warmth and easy care. The scarves on my needles now are a reversible cable which is easy, fun, and fast to knit.

Why am I making so many scarves/hats? Because that's what the recipients asked for! My sister asked if I could also make her some matching mittens...

I need to find the time to make a shawl for myself. I get cold at my desk at work, so a shawl would really help.

• gardenway
    13 years ago

A knit roll brim hat, a RH pattern I found online, except I'm using Vanna's Choice. I thought roll brim would be good in that if it is too large it can be rolled up more, if too small can be rolled down more.

Also have crocheted squares done for a Christmas lapghan. Squares, edging, ends woven in, are done. Now I have to put it together and keep putting it off. Maybe because I haven't put squares together before. Should I join the squares going across first, or join the squares going down first. Opinion please from anyone who has joined squares.

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Sunday I finished a cozy pullover from self-striping boucle yarn. Good thing, too - we had a cool snap and I wore it to work yesterday! LOL

Last night I started a diagonal knit baby afghan to use up the rest of the boucle yarn.

Donna

• sheilajoyce_gw
    13 years ago

I have been knitting hats for a charity project from donated yarns this year. I received a box of yarn odds and ends from a friend a few years ago. Most are very expensive yarns, but usually only one skein. So they are becoming hats for a San Francisco homeless teens project. Then my sister has gotten into dyeing and spinning yarn; I brought home an armload of yarns two weeks ago and now have another 8 or so hats knit. She dyes and spins yarns but has no use for the wools as none of us wear wool due to allergies and our moderate climate. Now the homeless teens will enjoy her handiwork.

• tami_ohio
    13 years ago

Gardenway, you can go whichever direction you want! You can also either whip or ladder stitch them together, or you can use a slip stitch or single crochet to join them.

I have since started another hat for charity, still have the socks and sweater on needles. I can't work on just one project at a time, as my fingers won't tolorate continuous use of one size of needles. I have to switch to something with a differnt size to give them a break!

Tami

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Well, got the baby blanket more than halfway done and decided I didn't like the way it looked and that I was going to run out of yarn. The purpose of making it is to use up yarn, not buy more! So I ripped it out and started over with smaller needles. It's looking much better.

Donna

• saraemmasmom
    13 years ago

Nice to see some action on this forum!

Just finished an afghan for my DD who's off at college. I'm now working on a long shawl/stole for my 86 yr old mother using Berrocco Ultra Alpaca in the color peat moss. Have recently begun getting many of my patterns off of Ravelry.....

• gardenway
    13 years ago

tami - yes, I know I can go whichever direction I want. I meant/wondered if others had a preference. Simply was curious.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions