Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
changing yarn color

Posted by bjames (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 7:36

If you need to change the thread (# 10 DMC) frequently while crocheting a pattern where you have to go back and forth every 3rd stitch or so, does anyone know of the method for "carrying" the thread? This way, the chosen color is always there when needed, and you don't have to keep changing the thread, just pick it up and continue smoothly and without the bulk.
Blanche James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: changing yarn color

If you are using just two colors it's very easy to just crochet over the unused thread and pick it back up again as the last YO and pull the loop through in preparation for the first stitch of that color that follows. I'm making a Guatemalan Tapestry that way right now. But it will add a teensy bit of bulk to the item you're making. This page may help

Here is a link that might be useful: carrying yarn

o
RE: changing yarn color

donna thanks for that link I never thought of bringing the new yarn up like the illustration. I'm going to give it a try thanks again
after all these years lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here