Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need your help

Posted by grannytme (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 5:43

I would like your ideas for some crochet projects that would sell over the spring and summer. I have had some success in selling hats. Our DD was deserted by her rat husband , who is long gone, with a 2 and 3yr old. We , like many,many other Grandps's and Grandma's need to help them.
I was thinking infant and baby outfits, booties, hats adult purses. PLEASE give me your thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need your help

People seem to like felted bags. As purses, or anything bags are used for. There are books in the library regarding felting. That may be a better thing to make for summer months.

o

Washcloths made from natural linen, hemp, or cotton yarn are nice and work up quickly. Make up gift packets with handmade soap and/or body scrub and bath salts. Bath salts and scrubs are easy to make yourself. I'm sure you can find recipes online using epson salts and scented oils and herbs or rose petals. Package in a clear cello bag with a sticker and a pretty ribbon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a link to get you started.

o

Can you sew at all also? I ask because spring dresses are adorable and original. Crocheted top with easy a-line skirt sewed on. And for the little bit of the cost of yarn and bit of fabric, the mark up you can ask for a dress over other items is much higher.

I added a link of a dress I made for my daughter. I thought about making them to sell, but with two toddlers and a house to build I don't have time. I made it without a pattern and without ever having made one before, but I have seen patterns available for similar dresses on ravelery: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mahina

Here is a link that might be useful: Dress link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here