Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas ideas?

Posted by gakernil (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 23:20

what are you making for easy gifts to give for the upcoming holidays---I am at a loss this year. have given potholders but just would like something new and fun. any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas ideas?

I am making "wristers", fingerless mittens. Knit up in a hurry using sock yarn. Lots of free patterns on the internet.

o

How about knitted Christmas ornmaments? I have knitted bells and stockings, there are plenty of patterns free on the internet. I can't post a link. Last year I made everyone red and white mini stockings, this year I'll attempt a tree, several years back I knitted bells. One year I knitted all the females potholders which could also be used as facial washcloths. I gave them thev choice.

o

I was thinking about knitting coffee cup cozies (coffee collars). I just need to find a good pattern. I have knitted ornaments in the past and stockings. It depends on how many people you are planning on giving to.

o

I am knitting everyone "2" dishcloths, doing different patterns.

o

Scarves are always wonderful, knit in some fabulous expensive yarn ( since you can make one with a skein or ball it is not cost prohibitive ).

o

what about pot scrubbers? I crochet mine but you can knit them as well. I love mine and so does everyone I give them to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochet pot scrubber

o

Mini socks to hang on the tree or mantle.

o

Mini socks to hang on the tree or mantle.

o

I realize its a little late, but these were a huge success with my 3 hooker friends, :-) I had picked up Christmas kitchen towels last year and made the towel rings, dish cloths and hot pads to coordinate. All cotton yarn and instant gratification!

I used a pony tail holder (round covered elastic thing) for the beginning round instead of making my own loop.

Here is a link that might be useful: Towel Ring

o

What a grest idea, using pony tail holders for the towel ring! I bought a pkg of the holders to make crocheted pony tail scrunchies and have a lot of the holders left over......Now I know what I can use some of them for. Thanks!!!

o

gardenway, I was going to look for solid rings to make more, but the girls said that they really prefer the ponytail holders because of the flexibility :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here