Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy knitted sock pattern

Posted by mrsbar (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 17, 06 at 22:43

I have searched the web to find a simple sock pattern for a beginner. Several people mentioned Ann Norling Basic Adult sock pattern...can anyone tell me how to get this pattern? Is it found somewhere on line? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy knitted sock pattern

I believe you would have to purchase one of Ann's books to get that pattern. Have you tried here?

Lots of easy ones there.

Here is a link that might be useful: socks

o

There is an easy one here. This is the one that I learned on - it has easy step by step instructions:

The Super Simple Knitwit Sock Pattern

It can be found at www.royea.net

o

For your first socks, I'd recommend finding a pattern (the link Donna posted has lots of good, easy ones) that uses heavier yarn and larger needles. You may even want to knit an X'mas stocking to start (you can give it away if you don't use it) just so you can get the hang of how to turn a heel without fiddling with small needles. Many people use double pointed needles for socks but I prefer one long 40" needle and the magic loop method (Google for web instructions). Yarns stores will sell individual patterns like Ann Norling and if you buy the yarn and needles from them, you can also get advice and help if you need it.

o

Or you can make 2-needle socks. Since I make them for myself, the seam does not bother me...and besides, who is going to look at your foot : ) .... I don't like dp needles.

Lois

o

My first socks were also from an Ann Norling book. I didn't have any trouble - very good directions.

o

Check the link. The pattern costs $3.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Norling Basic Adult Sock Pattern

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here