Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NIce combination of yarns!

Posted by nancybc (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 07 at 22:33

HI,
While picking out yarn to do some gift scarves, I found that lots of the Lion Homespun goes with the Yarn Bee Soft Delight.(Hobby Lobby Brand) I paired Covered Bridge(two strands) with Soft Delight Dark Blue(one strand) and Montana Sky( again two strands) with one strand of Dark Blue Soft Delight and both scarves turned out great! The Soft Delight adds a little eyelash that jazzes up the Homespun. I knitted both on 25 circular needles lengthwise (CO 100) and knitted about 8 rows width. Any easy pattern works. Really lacy and lovely with fringe!
Hope you try it!
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NIce combination of yarns!

Since there's no Hobby Lobby in New England :( I'll take your word for it, that the yarns go together :) Knitting the scarf lengthwise sounds interesting, though. I'd like to try that. What size needles did you use?

o
RE: NIce combination of yarns!

Hi Iris,
Hobby Lobby has a website- but choosing colors that way can be tough. Patons makes a Cha Cha that might work- or any soft eyelash type yarn that you can find and play with.
I've been using double strands on 19s and 25 circular. Depends on how lacy I want to get. I found my 25 circulars at yarncountry.com and really like them! I can do a scarf in about two hours and go on to the next one- or not-lol! I'm a basic knitter and like quick finished projects so the big needles are great. 19s are wonderful for a bulkier scarf with two strands of worsted or #5 yarns.
Seems like lengthwise goes fast for basic knitting but fancy patterns would be hard to figure out. Ribs are good if you don't mind purling for 100 sts in a row. Drop Stitch or twisted drop stitch is also fun and easy to do.
Hope this helps!
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here