Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
newbie question on pattern

Posted by donna322 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 21:07

Hi all....this is probably a dumb question but I'm stuck. I am crocheting a sweater for my greyhound and this is awful early to be stuck...but I am....Here is how the pattern reads: Row 1 DC in 4th chain from hook and in next 40 chs, 5 DC in last ch.....got this much here's where I need help: "Working on opposite side of starting chain DC in each of next 42 ch's (89 DC). Do I turn after the 5 DC's in the last chain? I tried different combos and nothing adds up to 89 DC's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: newbie question on pattern

Yes, you will be making the dcs in the other side of the chain you made.

Just end the row with 5 dcs and then work around to the other side of the chain and continue to double crochet back along the chain. You will have only one loop of the chain that you can work into on the second row.

o
RE: newbie question on pattern

thank you so much...I think I've got it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here