Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of hats for my new grandbaby

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 07 at 18:57

I've been madly knitting socks and hats for Exaiden, my 2 month old grandson. Here are two of his mother's favorites.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of hats for my new grandbaby

wow...what beautiful work....i don't knit wish i did...just crochet for me....i think they are done with perfection. great job......lois

o

So cute. I like to make the apple hat, but suddenly nearly 10 month old grandson will not keep a hat on his head. It takes him just one second to knock it off. Good thing he lives in southern California.

o

Congratulations on the grandbaby, love the hats. Kareen

o

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. The hats are gorgeous--lucky baby!

o

Those hats are great, Donna! They're really sweet and beautifully done. What pattern did you use?

Enjoy your new grandson!

o

Beautiful! They look so warm and cozy.

o

Carol Ann, this was a free pattern I found on the internet, but for the life of me I cannot seem to locate the site anymore. Here is the pattern:

Knit this in the round on #7 dpn's using worsted weight yarn. Gauge is 4 st per inch

Earflaps, make 2
Cast on 3 st
kfb in first st of each row and knit remainder of st until you have 15 st.
Leave a 12 in tail and place on holder or dpn

With working yarn purl across first earflap begining at opposite end as tail. With the tail in front and working yarn to the back cast on 13 st using long tail method. Now, purl across second earflap as done with the first one. Cast on 21 st as before.
Join and work three rounds in garter st. switch to St st and work until hat measures 5 in.

Decreases:
Round 1: K6, k2tog
Round 2 and all even rows: K
Round 3: K5, k2tog
Round 5: K4, k2tog
Continue in this manner until you have 4 st remaining, k one round. Break yarn leaving a 6 inch tail, using a yarn needle draw the tail thru all remaining stiches to finish.

I added the ties and the seed stitch chevrons. It's such an easy pattern.

o

Lovely work :) The addition of the seed stitch was a great idea and looks so "little boy"

Diane

o

Those are adorable - I have a nephew coming in December and have been frantically hat-making as well.

The chevron pattern is just lovely - and perfect for a little boy.

(congrats on the new grandbaby!)

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

Thanks for posting the pattern! I don't have any babies to knit for but I'm hoping that'll change. There are so many cute patterns -- I may have to make some baby things and donate them, if nothing else!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here