Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

Christmas yarn

wantoretire_did
16 years ago

Can anyone tell me when Christmas yarn is usually in stores? I was told in WM a while ago that it would be around the time school starts. Well, that time has come and gone. None at AC Moore either. Specifically, I'm looking for a red/green/white veritaged worsted yarn to continue with a Christmas afghan.

Comments (9)

• jjknitter
    16 years ago

Wonder if the Christmas Yarn is made by Coats and Clark
    (Red Heart Yarn) then Herrschners would have it all year
    long. Check www.herrschners.com or Coats and Clark's site
    www.coatsandclark.com
    Hope this helps and good luck.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    16 years ago

Usually it is at Michael's in the late summer.

• Carol_Ann
    16 years ago

Check any of the hobby stores -- I've seen it at Joann's & Pat Catan's around here. As mentioned, you can always order on line, too. Good luck!

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

It's out here in Ohio.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The only place I've seen it is in Herschnerrs online and catalogue, which is the Victorian style - more like the slightly maroon and softer green colors which I can't use as I'm already 1/2 way through with the traditional red/white/green acrylic. There is NO Christmas yarn at AC Moore or WM as of earlier this week. Guess I'll have to improvise and be very careful with what little I have left!! No, I don't want to get involved with e-bay.

I've checked every source I know of online, including manufacturers'; it is so frustrating, considering everything else Christmas is on the shelves already.

Thank you for all of your suggestions.

• kelona
    16 years ago

If I remember correctly to the other day - in the last email newsletter from ACM, they were having a sale on their Christmas yarns. ...especially Red Heart, I think.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks kelona but I was there yesterday and they just had the basic solid red and solid green, not verigated.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This Sunday's newspaper insert for AC Moore had "Bernat Holiday Yarns" with a picture of verigated, and red, and white. I was there first thing Sunday AM and it was COTTEN YARN. I have plenty of that......

I just don't understand that with the introduction of everything Christmas in the stores barely following Halloween, why there is hardly any worsted Christmas yarn available. Think I'll write to the manufacturers.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I literally stumbled on some Christmas yarn yesterday at WalMart. It wasn't in the yarn dept, but across in the fabric dept - 1 box on the floor. There are 4 styles, all with metallic thread: red; green; white; red & green together. Its quite pretty. Just under $2 for 3 oz. Red Heart Holiday.

Silly me, I've been doing searches online for Christmas yarn. When I saw this, it dawned on me that everything now is "holiday". Guess I'm not PC......

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz
More Discussions