Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'hitchhiker's scarf' question, please

Posted by newontarionian (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 17:33

if you have worked the 'hitchhiker's scarf' pattern, you know that one edge (the last row) is straight and long. i am almost finished knitting my first hitchhiker's scarf.. so, of course, i am imagining how else i could change it!

i have thought about doing a picot line to end it - making that long edge something a bit different. however, i only know how to make that edge when i begin the project .. not as its last line.

i would like your ideas on how to knit it from beginning (short end) to the middle (widest part) to bringing it down to the end which would look like the beginning (short).

so .. any creative designing before i begin my next hitchhiker's scarf?

thanks
diane
:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'hitchhiker's scarf' question, please

I've made it, but it was some time ago and so I cannot really help with your question. I think it's pretty nice as is, a very popular pattern. I just put mine in a suitcase to take on a trip. Sorry, I'm no help.

o
RE: 'hitchhiker's scarf' question, please

socks ...

i finished my first hitchhiker's scarf last night. i already have the yarn for the next one i will make.

as you say, it looks lovely, drapes nicely. i was just wanting to play with the pattern a bit. that last long row .. it's like it was just made for playing around with! lol

diane
:-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here