Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie Question on Edging

Posted by rwisniew (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 16:34

I am edging a bib, says to sc evenly around entire piece. Does this mean more than stitch along the sides that were dc?

Also, the center is too big, any suggestions for fixing that? I was going to fill it in with sc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slipover Baby Bib

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie Question on Edging

It means that you should crochet around every edge: top, sides, bottom, and the neck edge.

If the center is too big, you could make several decreases around the neck edge by inserting your hook into a stitch and pulling up a loop, then inserting your hook into the next stitch and pulling up another loop, then yarn over and draw through all three loops. Repeat this every few stitches and see what you think. If the neck edge is far too big, you will want to do this for several rows.

o

Oops sorry, I reread my original post....I meant to say does this mean more than ONE stitch in the DC's along the sides?

Thanks Donna for the reminder to keep decreasing when I try to fill in the center.

At least I learned that I like this yarn (cottontots from bernat) and I like most of the pattern, next time I will try a smaller hook, etc.

o

I usually do 2 sc along the side of one dc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here