Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

What are you working on Oct 2010!

tami_ohio
13 years ago

I thought I would give the board a boost and ask what everyone is working on.

I have a sweater, socks and a chemo cap on the needles right now. How about you?

Tami

Comments (12)

• daylilydayzed
    13 years ago

Right now I have a string market bag on my needles and two more to knit. After that I am going to knit a shawl for my daughter-in-law.

• OklaMoni
    13 years ago

just leg and arm warmers for my grand son and hat will be next.

Hi Tami

How are you?

Moni

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Home and good, except for feeling the weather! Thanks Moni. Did you make it home ok from your bike ride? I just came back from the yarn shop with needles, a pattern for a scarf and yarn! Like I needed more yarn, but whats a girl to do?!

Tami

• lizzie2
    13 years ago

I am working on a sweater also and a gift for my cousin's daughter's baby due around Christmas. I cannot wait finally a little one to knit and sew for.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Lizzie2. Babies sure are fun to knit for!

I did a stocking hat for my grandson Friday night. It's all finished! I worked on the pair of socks a little today, but my hands hurt too much to keep working with the small needles.

Tami

• doffidy
    13 years ago

Just starting a sweater. Been busy quilting. Of course there are always mitts on my #5's.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    13 years ago

Been working on this since August and hope to finish it before Xmas. It is fun, but I'm NOT looking forward to weaving in all those ends. this is my first crochet chart work and I'm so glad DH could enlarge the chart for me or I'd be going blind by now! ;-) It is a Mary Maxim kit.

-Babka

{{gwi:1582061}}

{{gwi:1582062}}

• soyamiso
    13 years ago

Thanks for showing us the back side of the project. I always like to see the reverse side of projects because it shows the actual work involved.

• doffidy
    13 years ago

This looks great, I know what you mean about the loose ends. I sometimes weave mine in as I go so I won't be faced with all that work at once. My arthritis no longer allows me to crochet but thankfully I can still knit.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Babka! That's beautiful! Thank you for the pictures. I know what you mean about the ends. In crochet, I usually work over the ends, then trim them. In knit, it's much harder to do that, but I try to weave most of them in as I go with a needle.

Tami....who's glad to see some activity on the knitting board!

• Babka NorCal 9b
    13 years ago

I started out working over the loose ends, but then I changed my mind. I wanted the reverse side to look just like the front side, so I chose to weave the individual colors back on themselves so they wouldn't show through the stitches. Anal, I guess.

-Babka

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not anal, just wanting it to look nice!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions