Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbiw2

Teddy bear baby afghan

bobbiw2
11 years ago

Back in the 90's one of my daughters friends made an afghan for the baby my daughter was expecting. It was a Teddy bear in a sort of reverse filet pattern. In other words, the background was solid and the outline of the bear is where the holes/openwork was. It was not done in squares, but rather 1 large bear on the whole afghan.

The pattern would be at least 18 years old, as that is the age of my grandson.

I have been searching for this pattern with no luck and I was wondering if any of you kind people might steer me in the right direction.

I appreciate any help that you can give to me.

May you have a blessed day,

Bobbi

Comments (6)

• dowlinggram
    11 years ago

That pattern is on line. I tried to send the link but couldn't. You will find it if you google teddy bear afghan--I did

• bobbiw2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi dowlinggram,
    I appreciate your help with this.
    I have googled for this pattern for quite some time now. I have used so many different search terms, and still no luck.
    I have found a few that are similar, but not the one.
    We have decided to use a pattern that was given to us that is similar enough that Pam feels it will work for her.
    Once again, thanks for your help and may you have a blessed day!
    Bobbi

• fran2552
    11 years ago

I too fell in love with this blanket--expecting my first grandchild in July. I am unable to locate the book cited by Empress...Can anyone help me with getting the pattern?? Thanks!

• acraftylady
    11 years ago

What is the name of the book, missed that post. Only thing I could find was one done with squares where the background was solid. Mary

• acraftylady
    11 years ago

She said reverse filet which is the one at the link I posted but that one is cute. Mary

Sponsored
More Discussions