Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teddy bear baby afghan

Posted by bobbiw2 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 10:40

Back in the 90's one of my daughters friends made an afghan for the baby my daughter was expecting. It was a Teddy bear in a sort of reverse filet pattern. In other words, the background was solid and the outline of the bear is where the holes/openwork was. It was not done in squares, but rather 1 large bear on the whole afghan.
The pattern would be at least 18 years old, as that is the age of my grandson.
I have been searching for this pattern with no luck and I was wondering if any of you kind people might steer me in the right direction.
I appreciate any help that you can give to me.
May you have a blessed day,
Bobbi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teddy bear baby afghan

That pattern is on line. I tried to send the link but couldn't. You will find it if you google teddy bear afghan--I did

o

Hi dowlinggram,
I appreciate your help with this.
I have googled for this pattern for quite some time now. I have used so many different search terms, and still no luck.
I have found a few that are similar, but not the one.
We have decided to use a pattern that was given to us that is similar enough that Pam feels it will work for her.
Once again, thanks for your help and may you have a blessed day!
Bobbi

o
Loving Hearts baby blanket

I too fell in love with this blanket--expecting my first grandchild in July. I am unable to locate the book cited by Empress...Can anyone help me with getting the pattern?? Thanks!

o

What is the name of the book, missed that post. Only thing I could find was one done with squares where the background was solid. Mary

o

This would not be it?

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafbear.htm

o

She said reverse filet which is the one at the link I posted but that one is cute. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here