Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uncle Ronnie's knitting needles

Posted by sandra_ferguson (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 9:44

I visited the site posted earlier, about the loop stitch, and read about the Uncle Ronnie knitting needles....has anyone tried them?They look wonderful and I'm going to order some....just wish they came smaller than 11s. Here's a site that explains them and where you can order.

http://www.uncleronniepensandneedles.com/knitting.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uncle Ronnie's knitting needles

After looking at the picture of those needles, I was visiting a friend and she had a pair the same shape (or almost the same) in plastic that she got at Joann's. They were called Baleen II by Boye.

o

I have to add a comment here, as I'm not a regular at this site. But these knitting needles remind me of some that I have that were my Mother-in-laws and some that belonged to an Aunt. They were home made, I suppose by their husbands or someone. They both pretty much knitted whatever was needed, socks, scraves or hats and they usually didn't use a pattern, they'd just knitted them to size. But in by-gone years I suppose lots of women knit this way. They also had a neighbor lady who cross-country skiied and knit at the same time . I have enough trouble just knitting !!

o

My Grandmother said that during WWII she always knitted when she went to the movies, which always amazed me...but skiing? Hard to believe, isn't it.

o

Back again ! I'm finding this site so very nice. I should have mentioned that the lady that skiied and knitted at the same time was an older Swedish lady who had imigrated a few years earlier. Years ago (70) or so, I think they used wider skis and didn't use ski poles. She was a neighbor to my in-laws. Another story ....she came to the Baptism of our oldest daughter who is now 52. Anyway, our daughter was very fussy that day (wouldn't you know?) I could not get her to sleep so the Swedish lady sat down and rocked her and sang to her in Swedish. Our daughter went to sleep in just a few minutes! Told my Hubby we needed to learn Swedish! I remember my Grandmother sitting and kniting and not watching what she was doing. Only glanzing at her work every few minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here