Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Added to my yarn stash

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 23:18

I went to Tuesday Morning this evening hoping to find a deal from their sale on knitting supplies. I bought several different yarns all made in Italy, 2 or 3 of each. Hoping I bought enough of each to make something nice but small. Each was reduced 50% or 60%.

I bought:
Laines Du Nord CashSilk
Elsebeth Lavold Angora
Ella Rae mixed palermo

Hoping I got some nice deals, as I've never seen these labels before.... but being relatively new to knitting that is not saying a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Added to my yarn stash

You can do an online search, using the "Laines Du Nord CashSilk", for example, as your subject, and get some prices. I did found it for $4.79/skein......"Elsebeth Lavold Angora" for $6.00...didn't check on the last one.

o

Tuesday Morning has yarn??? I didn't know. I thought it was all household stuff, sheets, small furniture, etc.

o

Sandra, thanks. I did Google the yarns last night and didn't turn up much which surprised me (I thought I scored some great deals on popular high-end yarns, and I'm a fairly good internet researcher). So far, it seems that the "regular price" on the TM sticker is higher than I've found on-line, and their sale price is the same as on-line. Oh well... I like em'. I may go back and get more if I find I didn't get enough for a typical project.

socks12345: In addition to the household stuff (sheets, furniture, dishes, glassware etc.) they also sell nice gift wrap items (bags, paper, tissue), garden items (pots, bird feeders, etc), holiday decor, clothing (I also picked up 3 pair of socks yesterday), frames (also got a cute frame yesterday), books (including kids), toys, sunglasses/eyeglasses, craft items, tools, kitchen appliances....and other things I'm forgetting. Every week they have featured sale items, this week's included yarn, a nice knitting pattern book (Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns), totes for knitters and quilters. We bought our Cuisinart food processor at one of their featured sales, also a nice cobalt blue foam pot for indoor plants. I've purchases tablecloths, ceramic dishes, lots of stuff. It pays to go often and see what's new, but you have to know prices to know how much you're saving.

o

Yes -- Tuesday Morning does have yarn. I work for TM and we get some very very nice yarns at time. We also get Lion and Bernat at times. Selection varies and I have never seen more than 4-5 skeins of any one dye lot at a time.

But I did make a shawl -- lots of scarves -- a hat -- a pair of socks out of yarn from there. And I am the classic yarn snob.(sorry ....... but I wear my hand knit cashmere sweaters with Goodwill jeans!) We do get some great knitting books -- I bought the baby hat books -- the one that's shaped like a hat -- for $5. Less my discount -- which is awesome!!!

We have also had clover bamboo needles at times.

It normally is hit and miss on needles. Yarns are a popular fall and early winter item.

I have religiously checked the prices out on Tuesday Morning merchandise for 6+ years. Our tagged prices (not our prices) will be right in line with the manufacturers suggested retail.

In yarn -- it can be a little tough because the Italian yarns are sold through wholesalers. But I have never found a price that was out of line --ever.

Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here