Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Knots in mid skein

Posted by wantoretire_did (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 7, 06 at 20:12

Dumb question - What do you do with the little knot that occurs sometimes mid-skein? When I join a new skein or new color I leave several inches to weave in and secure. So, what do you do with the little knot?

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Knots in mid skein

I back up to the edge, cut the yarn, and leave tails long enough to weave in. I am afraid that if I just leave the knot and continue stitching that it will come undone some day, especially as I launder the item.

o

I do the same as sheilajoyce, because I can't stand those darn knots.

o

Same thing that Sheila and Dances_In_Garden do.

Once I tugged firmly on both sides of the knot, and it came undone, so I decided that I needed to be tying my own knots.

~ Kit

o

That's what I thought, tho hoped it was a secret strong knot ;-)

Thanks, Carol

o

I'd snip the knot out, leave about six inches to weave in, join the rest of the yarn, and keep on crocheting. I wouldn't knot it and would just weave the ends in very well. And unless I was near the edge, I wouldn't rip out. I'd treat it just like I was changing colors.

o

I'd do the same as dortycakes.

o

You can do a Russian join, but I do wonder how well it launders. I make lots of acrylic baby afghans and sweaters, and tell the mothers to machine wash and dry them. So I want the items to stand up in lots of laundering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here