Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fixing an error in finished sock

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 14, 08 at 17:11

Attached is a picture of the sock I finished and just tried on, discovering this missed loop. Any suggestions on how to catch this stitch?

Thanks....Susan

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fixing an error in finished sock

It doesn't appear to have caused a 'run' that you need to repair so I, personally, would probably just use a piece of yarn and a needle, pull the stitch to the wrong side and anchor the stitch with the yarn,,,then work in the ends of your piece of yarn. I've even been known to pull to the wrong side, and affix the loose stitch with a needle and sewing thread....if it hasn't 'gone' anywhere, you just need to make sure it stays where it is.
By the way....pretty yarn.

o

I was thinking of doing exactly what you suggested, but I thought there might be a better way.

I'm glad you like the yarn. It's a little wild for my taste, but it's hard to tell how this kind of yarn is going to play out on an acutal sock.

Thank you for the help.

o

I'd do the same.

o

What they said.

o

Ditto.

Annie

o

Me too. I love the colors in that sock. Vique

o

Add me to the above comments! I like the sock!

Tami

o

I got the yarn at societysocks.com. They hand dye the yarn. No two alike.

o

I would do the same as the other posters. Love the yarn too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here