Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just invented a crocheted fringe for pillows

Posted by quirkpod (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 16:42

Has anyone seen the prices of pillow fringe lately? Crochet your own, then sew them to homemade pillows. Make a foundation chain using my new no-chain method shown here at this forum. I used worsted yarn and a J-hook. When foundation chain is the desired length to go around your pillow project, turn, *ch-10, sl st in next st* to end. Fasten off and change colors if 2nd color desired. This is where you can make it your own and be creative, doubling back and crocheting another row into the same chains as previous sl sts, until you are satisfied. My project was done using brown yarn first, then switching to black yarn for the 2nd row. Done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just invented a crocheted fringe for pillows

Here is a photo of the finished product using one row of ch-10 loops while using 2 colors at the same time, brown and black. I found that it looks better than crocheting 2 rows of 2 colors seperately. http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Bostoncrocus/100_0250.jpg

o

Very nice

o

Very nice and you have control over the color scheme!!

o

O_O soooo amazing i wish i did that

o

Re Quirkpod "Make a foundation chain using my new no-chain method shown here at this forum."

This has me intrigued - tried searching the forum with no luck, so was wondering if you could please enlighten me - the only thing that comes to my mind is p'raps the old double base chain stitch? which I find has a lot of stretch and therefore good for starting lacy shawls and the like.

I look foreward to your next post
Regards
Leslie

o

I just looked again nice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here