Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet: Easy baby booties & hat pattern?

Posted by itsmesuzq (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 05 at 16:14

I am a beginner at crochet, but I've mastered the shawls and blankets pretty well. :-) I just found out that my sweet neighbors are pregnant with their first child...and I would love to crochet some baby booties and a hat for them. I'm wondering if any of you have used any "easy" patterns, or if you know of a something on the internet?

Thanks so much!
~Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet: Easy baby booties & hat pattern?

I have an easy bootie pattern. I will look it up. I knit all the baby hats I make, so cannot help you there.

o

SIMPLE BOOTIES

Materials--Size H hook and worsted yarn. ( No gauge given.)

Row 1: Ch 12, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 9 sts, 3 sc in end (toe) st, sc in next 10 sts, 3 sc in end (heel) st. Do not join.
Row 2: Sc in each sc, 3 sc at end of each row (center stitch of toe and heel )
Row 3, 4, 5: Sc in each sc.
Row 6: Sc in each sc, dec 3 sts at center sts of toe, sc to heel.
Row 7: Repeat row 6.
Row 8: Repeat row 6; at heel, join with sl st, ch 3.
Row 9: *Sk 1 sc, hdc in next sc, ch 1, rep from * around. Join with sl st. Ch 1
Row 10: *Sc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, repeat from * around. Join with sl st. You can stop here, or I like to add row 11.
Row 11: Hdc in each st and ch 1 sp around.

Make two "shoe laces"-- make a chain about 18 inches long. Thread through the spaces made in row 9 or 10.

To decrease in sc--put hook through stitch and pull up a loop, put hook through the next stitch and pull up a loop. Now you have 3 loops on your hook. Make a loop and pull it through all 3 loops on the hook.

These make up VERY fast. Good luck.

o

Thank you so much Sheliajoyce! I will give it a try!

~Susan

o

First, I want to thank MUDPIE who was so kind in e-mailing me lovely patterns to knit a christening set.

Now, I need a shell pattern for baby hat and booties, anyone knows where I can find one? I have been looking through loads and loads of pages on the internet but can't seem to get lucky :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here