Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

interpreting skein label symbols????

sheilajoyce_gw
17 years ago

I am making a darling cardigan for our expected grandson. My sister found the cutest yarn and pattern, and it is much more than I usually pay for yarn and is fancy with little fluffs of fiber, so I want to tell DD how to launder it. But I am not sure of the symbols. It is Italian made for Tahki Stacy Charles in NYC; cotton, polyamid, and acrylic fibers; and called Pom Pom. Sooooo cute.

Here are the symbols--30 degrees I understand as cold water. A triangle with an X through it??? I see the iron symbol, so it is ironable. A circle with a P in it. A square with a circle in it and an X through it--is that supposed to be a washing machine so hand wash only? And a square with a horizontal dash in the middle of it.

After spending a generous amount on the sweater and because it is soooo darling, I do not want it ruined the first time she launders it. Usually I use acrylic since we live in warm climates and since family allergies mean I avoid wool and anmimal hairs. I know she cannot just throw it in the washer and dryer, as I usually indicate, but I need to explain the care procedures.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions