Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geometric Baby Afghan

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 28, 06 at 13:26

Yes, I finally got a couple of pictures taken of it. I like it so much that I am thinking about trying an adult size blanket along the same lines, either by making bigger squares, or making one big rectangle (with just a bit of adjustment for the beginning). Nobody I know is pregnant, though, so it will just wait patiently for the next announcement.

Here is a link that might be useful: geometric blanket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
And here's a close-up

A little blurry, but you get the idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: Close Up

o
RE: Geometric Baby Afghan

That's definitely a boy blanket to my mind. (I know, it can be either.) Will have to try it in the nursery colors some time. Did you say you got the free pattern at Lion Brand's site?

o

Sheila, yes it was at the Lion Brand site, but it wasn't a free pattern.

o

Thanks.

o

Donna, the blanket looks great. A knitting project I never would tackle with my limited knitting skills.

I also think it is more for a boy but the colors can work either way if the couple is using a yellow theme in the baby's room. I have been finding that more and more couples are choosing NOT to find out the sex. Lately though I have been giving baby girl gifts. The last boy was 2 years ago and he was a twin. Even though the couple knew it was a boy and a girl, they choose blue for the boy's room and yellow for the girl's so there is no guarantee that pink, lavender or other girly colors are the main ones.

Very nice job. Glad to see the finished project.

o

Yes, I agree, it's for a boy. I noticed that I had been making lots of girly things and just decided that I needed to have a boy gift at the ready. A couple of weeks ago I started a round lacy baby shawl that would really be nice for either a boy or a girl. It's goint to take me quite some time though, and I'm waiting on some 60" circular needles I purchased on ebay. At present I'm using 3 lengths of my Needlemaster, but the yarn keeps getting hung up on the joins.

There's a picture on the bottom row of photos at this link:

Here is a link that might be useful: circular shawl

o

Hey Donna, thanks for the pictures. It's very unusual and whomever gets it, will be very lucky! Nice work, as usual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here