Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FO socks

Posted by cannahavana (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 13:23

Just finished my bamboo socks that I started at the beginning of the Olympics. I didn't think it would take me a month to make a pair of socks! I mostly worked on them while waiting in the car line to pick up my two children at two different schools. They are soooooo soft! This is my first pair with a lace pattern.

Photobucket

These socks were made last spring and I don't think I have posted a pic of them. They're twins!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FO socks

Wow! Both of those pair look wonderful. The first ones really do look soft. What yarn did you use? And you did a great job of matching the striping on the second pair. No matter how much I try, they are always a teeny bit different. You're the woman!

o

Very nice. I love the colors on the second pair. Very good work.

o

Beautiful socks! Bamboo is soooo soft and comfortable to wear. You did great matching the second pair, also.

Donna, when I make socks, I use a kitchen scale and a ball winder to make two balls from one and start both socks at the same time, matching the ends when I cast on. They come out soooo close that way!

Tami

o

Thanks guys!

The band on the bamboo yarn is called On Your Toes by Kertzer (www.kertzer.com) 75% bamboo/25% nylon. Now that it is starting to cool off here in TN, I look forward to wearing them with my clogs.

I have made about 4 pair using the self striping yarn and it always works out that I finish the top of the first sock right before the toe stripe of the next sock will start. I knit from the toe up, by the way.

My next pair will be knitting both socks at the same time on two circs. And the yarn is stretchy, so not sure how easy that will knit up. But first, I have a sweater that I have been dying to get started!

Rebecca

o

NICE! I love knitting socks and will definitely be trying some bamboo yarn.

Annie

o

Rebecca, what pattern did you use for the first pair pictured? Is that the one that was in the Summer 2008 issue of Interweave Knits? I think that is the next pair I am going to try.

Tami

o

Hi Tami,

No I didn't follow a pattern for the bamboo socks. I picked a lace stitch out of my Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework book. It's called Vandyke stitch. When it comes to socks, I sorta make it up as I go along.

Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here