Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free pattern--baby's toque with ear lugs

Posted by oilpainter (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 22, 09 at 12:43

I have a pattern for a baby's toque with earlugs for anyone who wants it. It is one I have made countless times since I created it for my son 40 years ago. Over the years I have refined it so that I can use many different yarns.

It looks like a regular toque with a brim and has ear lugs at the bottom of the brim. I have had rave reviews from lots of moms because it fits snug to the head no matter how the baby moves and often fits for 2 years. I make thumbless mitts to match.

It is knit in knit 1, purl 1 ribbing on 4 needles with almost any midweight yarn. All you have to do is make a 1 inch swatch and pick the size that most matches. It comes in 3 different sizes, with instructions on how to adjust it to your wool and also a size chart for knitting baby's hats.

If you want it let me know.

Myrna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free pattern--baby's toque with ear lugs

Can you post a picture of it? How much are you asking?

o

I'm sorry I don't have a photo. I've done so many and never thought to take a photo, because I never thought of posting it anywhere.

I'm giving it away free of any charge. I taught a knitting class and I gave it to them free too. I would post it here if there was a way.

As I said it is like a regular toque with a brim and it has ear lugs at the bottom of the brim. I do have a drawing of it on the pattern. The pattern is very clearly written and if you have problems you could ask me here.

o

Myrna;

Yes, I would like to see your toque patten. Thank you for offering it to us.

Janey

o

I am always looking for cute baby hats, booties and sweaters. Thanks.

o

I'm sorry. I totally blocked out that you said it was for free. I'm very much interested in the pattern. My grandson loves that type of hat.

o

I also would love a copy of the free pattern for a baby toque. Thanks for sharing your pattern. pah@gaphinz.com

o

I would also like a copy of the pattern. Thanks for offering it. donnarp@q.com

o

To those of you I sent my pattern. It seems the size chart was a little screwed up. Maybe this one is better

HEAD SIZE CHART

Premie5 lbs---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
HAT AROUND---11-12 inches-------Hat height------ 5- 5 inches

Newborn--------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hat around------12.-13. inches-----Hat height-------5 -6 inches

Baby 3-6 months ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hat around------14-15 inches-------Hat height------ 6-7 inches

Baby 6-12 months----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hat around------1 6-19 inches------Hat height-------7.5 inches

o
RE: Free pattern----baby's toque with ear lugs

Got it just fine, thanks again. Donna

o

I receivedd the pattern just fine and THANKS alot. Great-Grandbabies will look so cute in this one. Patricia

o

Me, too, please?

And thank you!

o

I'd love the pattern too please.
Thanks a lot
Dolly

o

Thank you again!

Tami

o

Hello oilpainter. If this offer is still available, I would love to have a copy of your pattern. I have 12 grandchildren, and I am always on the lookout for new patterns.
Thank you so much, and may you all have a wonderful day!
Bobbi

o

I too would like a copy of your pattern. My grandson is 6 months old, so this would be perfect for the coming winter season. Many thanks.

o

Please post photos when you finish with the project. Looking forward to seeing the variety of yarns and colors used.

o

sylvialee:

You haven't enabled e-mails. without that or your e-mail address I can't send it to you.

Yes indeed I would love to see your photo's

o

Teddy bears and blanket

o
about picture

I didn't know how to post a picture so consider this a trial run. These are the teddies and blankets I knit for my twin grandsons

o

Good morning oilpainter.
Thank you so much for sharing this pattern with me. I can't wait to make these for some of my grandchildren. With the autumn chill in the air this morning, I would say that they might be well appreciated very soon.
Also, I wanted to let you know that I think your teddies and blankets are adorable. Your grandsons are very lucky to have you as a grandma!
Thanks again, and have a blessed day!
Bobbi

o

sylvialee:

I'm sorry for all the mix-ups. I hope you fimally got the pattern OK.

o

I did get the pattern. Can't wait to start.
Thanks very much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here