Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oilpainter_gw

Free pattern--baby's toque with ear lugs

oilpainter
14 years ago

I have a pattern for a baby's toque with earlugs for anyone who wants it. It is one I have made countless times since I created it for my son 40 years ago. Over the years I have refined it so that I can use many different yarns.

It looks like a regular toque with a brim and has ear lugs at the bottom of the brim. I have had rave reviews from lots of moms because it fits snug to the head no matter how the baby moves and often fits for 2 years. I make thumbless mitts to match.

It is knit in knit 1, purl 1 ribbing on 4 needles with almost any midweight yarn. All you have to do is make a 1 inch swatch and pick the size that most matches. It comes in 3 different sizes, with instructions on how to adjust it to your wool and also a size chart for knitting baby's hats.

If you want it let me know.

Myrna

Comments (22)

• donna_loomis
    14 years ago

Can you post a picture of it? How much are you asking?

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm sorry I don't have a photo. I've done so many and never thought to take a photo, because I never thought of posting it anywhere.

I'm giving it away free of any charge. I taught a knitting class and I gave it to them free too. I would post it here if there was a way.

As I said it is like a regular toque with a brim and it has ear lugs at the bottom of the brim. I do have a drawing of it on the pattern. The pattern is very clearly written and if you have problems you could ask me here.

• Janey - formerly jane2
    14 years ago

Myrna;

Yes, I would like to see your toque patten. Thank you for offering it to us.

Janey

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

I am always looking for cute baby hats, booties and sweaters. Thanks.

• donna_loomis
    14 years ago

I'm sorry. I totally blocked out that you said it was for free. I'm very much interested in the pattern. My grandson loves that type of hat.

• happy-knitter
    14 years ago

I also would love a copy of the free pattern for a baby toque. Thanks for sharing your pattern. pah@gaphinz.com

• donner
    14 years ago

I would also like a copy of the pattern. Thanks for offering it. donnarp@q.com

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

To those of you I sent my pattern. It seems the size chart was a little screwed up. Maybe this one is better

HEAD SIZE CHART

PremieÂ5 lbs-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAT AROUND---11-12 inches-------Hat height------ 5- 5 ½ inches

Newborn-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hat around------12.-13. inches-----Hat height-------5 ½ -6 inches

Baby 3-6 months ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hat around------14-15 inches-------Hat height------ 6-7 inches

Baby 6-12 months----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hat around------1 6-19 inches------Hat height-------7.5 inches

• donner
    14 years ago

Got it just fine, thanks again. Donna

• happy-knitter
    14 years ago

I receivedd the pattern just fine and THANKS alot. Great-Grandbabies will look so cute in this one. Patricia

• tami_ohio
    14 years ago

Me, too, please?

And thank you!

• dollydolots
    14 years ago

I'd love the pattern too please.
    Thanks a lot
    Dolly

• tami_ohio
    14 years ago

Thank you again!

Tami

• bobbiw2
    14 years ago

Hello oilpainter. If this offer is still available, I would love to have a copy of your pattern. I have 12 grandchildren, and I am always on the lookout for new patterns.
    Thank you so much, and may you all have a wonderful day!
    Bobbi

• sylvialee
    14 years ago

I too would like a copy of your pattern. My grandson is 6 months old, so this would be perfect for the coming winter season. Many thanks.

• soyamiso
    14 years ago

Please post photos when you finish with the project. Looking forward to seeing the variety of yarns and colors used.

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sylvialee:

You haven't enabled e-mails. without that or your e-mail address I can't send it to you.

Yes indeed I would love to see your photo's

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I didn't know how to post a picture so consider this a trial run. These are the teddies and blankets I knit for my twin grandsons

• bobbiw2
    14 years ago

Good morning oilpainter.
    Thank you so much for sharing this pattern with me. I can't wait to make these for some of my grandchildren. With the autumn chill in the air this morning, I would say that they might be well appreciated very soon.
    Also, I wanted to let you know that I think your teddies and blankets are adorable. Your grandsons are very lucky to have you as a grandma!
    Thanks again, and have a blessed day!
    Bobbi

• oilpainter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sylvialee:

I'm sorry for all the mix-ups. I hope you fimally got the pattern OK.

• sylvialee
    14 years ago

I did get the pattern. Can't wait to start.
    Thanks very much.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions