Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free knitting classes at our local library

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 24, 08 at 12:02

Not sure if any of the beginners know that some of libraries give free lessons.. Ours in Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio gives them from 3:00pm until 6:00pm on Saturdays.. I am going to check it out this weekend.. I crochet, and I do a little knitting, but sometimes I feel I am not knitting correctly and want to learn the correct way and what the heck the price is right.. I will let you all know.. in mean time some of your newbies may want to check out this source..
Huggybear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free knitting classes at our local library

I have found over the years that there are more than one way to do almost everything. For example, casting on--I do it the way my mom did, but there are so many ways to do it. I just stick with my tried and true method and am happy with it. Even the basic stitches can be done continental or by throwing. Others combine the two methods or their own versions for their way to knit. And then there are buttonholes--lots of ways to do those. Enjoy, ask and observe.

o

I like to go to my local branch and knit or sew just to get out of the house and be somewhere quiet with very little distraction (like my annoying nosy neighbor that calls me 5 times a day). Maybe I should suggest a knitting group there!

Rebecca

o

Rebecca, that sounds like a wonderful idea.. maybe you can get other classes started there too for other..just not your nosy neeighbor..LOL
Huggybear

o

My friend Lisa, who is an assistant librarian at our library, taught free knitting and crochet classes last year. I wonder if they are going to start up again this winter....it was nice to go and knit with the other ladies.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here